Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Teething. . . .

I don't know who's suffering worse. . me or Emma. Emma is teething. She is so miserable that it makes me hurt. She's no longer sleeping through the night, she barely takes naps, and she spends the day vacillating between gnawing on her hands and screaming her fool head off.

I put everyone on notice. Everyone that walks into the door is warned that I have one super cranky baby. Just my luck I have a skillful child and I all get that "you're crazy" look. Emma has a knack of turning the freak-out off on queue. She hears the alarm chime. . . beep beep beep . . . as the door opens and she instantly morphs back to my smiley happy charming girl. They leave. . .the demon teether returns.

My friend Erin stopped by the store yesterday with her beautiful boy Samuel and was able to catch the "good" Emma on film. Erin got some really good shots. Would you even think that this child had spent the last 3 hours screaming in utter pain??? She can work it for the camera!






1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. It's brutal when the very first tooth comes in. Don't get me wrong it's still miserable for the next year when the rest of her teeth come in. But it's almost like once the first comes in she knows what to expect and what the pain feels like and therefor has a higher pain tolerance for it.

    Just know you are not alone and this too will pass and she won't remember. We need to talk soon. :)

    ReplyDelete