Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter



I walked into Em's room this morning and instead of her normal "good morning mama," I hear, "Today I can wear my purple fairy god mother dress!"


aka. . . screw the bunny, I get to wear tulle. . . .


We invited our good friends over for brunch and hosted an easter egg hunt. The brunch was delicious (if do I say so myself) but the Easter egg hunt was . .. well. . . .given we had 3 two year olds it was very short lived.


I think Truman had more fun than the kids. Brian and Ankur hid at least 30 eggs and I think the kids probably picked up 10. Truman scored at least 3! Who knew greyhounds like jelly beans??


Here's the trio devising a game plan.

Actually this is what went down: Em was happy to find the eggs, but didn't want to put the dirty eggs in her basket, Surabi would find an egg and take a time out to eat all of the jelly beans in that egg, and Asher was more interested in the dog's balls scattered throughout the yard.

Truman desperately wanted to participate. Hey Mom, is this my basket?


Em took egg finding very seriously. She would find one and yell, "Mama, bring me a wipe. It's dirty!"



No jelly bean went undiscovered!

Em sharing her find with Truman.

Emma twirling for the crowd.

MMM... jelly beans and sand!



After we put the eggs away this is how the kids spent the next 45 minutes. Apparently all we needed was three watering cans and a hose


Getting a picture of three 2 year olds is like herding cats.

We had a wonderful time and it was good to be able to spend such a special morning with friends! Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment