Sunday, December 12, 2010

Grammy time


My mom came to visit for Em's birthday and for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time. We shopped. We went to the aquarium. We tooled around town. The best part of her trip is that we got to spend a bunch of time together and she got to bond with Emma. Every morning Emma would wake up and ask, "When's grammy be here?" It touched my heart!

While I worked, mom spent most of the days hanging out with Emma. Apparently mom and Em are fabulous shopping buddies. The phrase, "Well, Emma wanted it," followed by a shrug and a smile is something that I heard an awful lot.

I am extremely grateful for the time we got to spend with my mom. We have become great friends and she's an amazing grandmother. Thirteen days was definitely not long enough. . . and I think she should move back out west! Not necessarily Seattle. . .but close enough that we can see each other more often!


Who else is willing to get their face painted with Em?
or hang out with her on the Sea Otter? or pose in front of the seal?or open her birthday presents?
Those are jobs for Grammy Judy! Thanks mom!! We miss you tons already!

No comments:

Post a Comment