Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fishing for Crab

Emma has been working REALLY hard at mastering the pincer grasp. She'll sit for hours. . .okay not really .. . . .very long minutes. . . and point with her index finger then scoop with her thumb. She's gotten pretty proficient at feeding herself O's with this method.

She's also taken this skill a little bit further. . .she apparently likes to goes "fishing."

This morning I put her in her crib so I could take a shower. All was quiet when I got out, so I assumed she was asleep. I went into her room and there she was, on her belly, arm stretched out through the crib bars, fishing clothes out of her laundry basket. At that second she had a dress that she was trying to reel in through the bars. In her crib she had a onesie, a shirt, a pair of shorts, and two wash clothes. All I could do was laugh. I think its time to start baby proofing. . don't you?

Another thing she's getting good at is drinking out of a bottle. She is very happy to kick back and partake in prune juice as long as she can hold the bottle and I allow her to chew on it. I'm not exactly sure how much she consumes vs how much she wears. . . .all I know is the juice is working. . wink wink. She's also started taking bottles from sitters. . .. which has allowed Brian and I to go out on Emma free dates.

1 comment: