Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another day and a whole lot bigger!

Its amazing how quickly a baby grows! Emma is getting bigger and bigger everyday and is responding more and more. She now coos and squeaks and moves her mouth like she's trying to talk. She can see things further away and watches my every move.. . which is kind of creepy if you think about being watched all of the time. . ha!

We had a major breakthrough today. While getting her bath, I sat her in the baby tub with her legs and bum partially submerged. She looked up at me and started kicking her legs in the water and smiled and squeaked with joy. The best part about it, she didn't cry during the entire bath. Not even when I washed her hair, which usually is sure to set her off. Since I was on my own, I couldn't get pictures, but I think she's going to be a water baby after all.

Truman and Emma have figured one another out. Apparently Emma screaming at the top of her lungs means, "Truman bring me a toy!" This morning I put Emma in her swing so I could eat my breakfast. After about 5 minutes she was done and let the entire neighborhood know. Truman hopped up off the couch and ran to his toy box. He pulled out his favorite duck, ran over to the swing, and dropped the duck in her lap. It was absolutely hilarious!



Here's a video of Emma enjoying her light up singing mat. She's really not doing anything, but I thought the grandparents would enjoy it!





and one more

No comments:

Post a Comment