Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 3

I can't believe today is Day 3. It feels like Emma has been here for a week at least. Maybe its just my lack of sleep that makes it feel like forever . .. .

Its amazing how good I feel considering what my body has been through. Yesterday, I spent about an hour up at the store doing paperwork and payroll while Brian took Emma on her trip to walk the dogs. I think we both enjoyed our little outings and it was really nice to do something out of our normal routine.

Last night the Blanks, the Browns, and Nate came over to meet Emma. I had a really good time and it was great to socialize and see friendly faces. Kim made an awesome lasange and Nate brought over some adult libations and grub.



Emma was up all night and has developed her own voice. Emma has taken to emulating our lovebird Suah and lets out a high pitched, ear pearcing squeak. I've nicknamed her "Screech" but Brian is protesting the new name. He says it makes him think of the nerdy kid from Saved by the Bell, and we can't have that. . now can we?



The midwife came by this morning and says Emma is doing Fabulous! Except for being a little bit jaundice, she's perfect! With a little sun light and more feedings her yelllow tinge should go away in the next few days. This girl is a cameleon . . .from purple to red to yellow. .. what color is next?
For those of you wondering about whether or not we're registered anywhere. . .here's the link to our Amazon.com registry.


I will try to take more pictures this evening. . . . I'm off to catch up on some sleep while Emma is snoozing!



Emma's guardian Tucker making sure Kim is holding Emma just right!



Emma hanging out in her new chair!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool guys!! Congratulations, and thanks for the email Brain.

    Nice job Lori!! :-)

    ReplyDelete