Saturday, November 8, 2008

Is there ever enough time?

And here we are at another weekend . . . .

Apparently, we still have a ton of stuff to do to get ready for the baby. In the last few days it's hit me that this baby is really coming. We've started preparations by getting stuff together to start our bag for delivery, most of the baby clothes/items have been washed, and Brian is working hard to get the baby's room done.

Today, I'm at the store and Brian is running around town desparetely trying to complete the list of things that I've left him to do. We've realized that time is running out. . . .and with that my lists have gotten longer. Poor guy. I have the day off tomorrow, so he won't be alone in the last minute scramble. Ha!

Great progress has been made on the baby's room. It's almost finished, and it looks FABULOUS!! Brian has really done a magnificant job! The floor is in, it's painted, the trim is installed, and next on the agenda is painting the trim and figuring out where we're going to put all the stuff. We have successfully decomissioned one of the two crates (Truman was very happy to give his up .... Mazie not so much) so the baby will only have to share the room with one crate. Next on the list of home improvements is to paint our room. We have the paint, now we just need an extra weekend to get it done.

We're going to Nate and Wendy's tonight for dinner and to pick up all the baby stuff they've offered to loan us. I think by the end of this, we will have more baby furniture than grown-up furniture and I wonder how can that be? How much stuff does this "little one" really need?? Its amazing how much stuff is out there. . luckily all of it was given to us by my store customers and friends. . but come on. . is it all necessary? (yes, I'm starting to sound like my husband)

We only have 26 days to go. We visit the midwives weekly now, and it appears everything is still going well. I'm getting bigger by the day, but overall I'm feeling okay. My energy level is back up (I don't know if this is because I'm working less and resting more or because I'm in that "holy crap we need to get stuff done mode") but my body is still creeky and sore. I now have a more pronounced waddle in the morning, which brings Brian great amusement. My desire to have this baby out NOW has diminished, and I've realized that a few more weeks to get stuff done will be much appreciated.

Here are some pics of the pups. . just because!

Old Man Tuck doing what he does best. . .holding down the couch!


Truman and Mazie fighting over the AC on the way back from Portland.

Good thing they love one another!




No comments:

Post a Comment