Sunday, March 13, 2011

Trips

Another reason for my blogging absence is that Em and I took a trip back east to visit my family. Em is a great travel partner and overall our flights weren't that bad. . . well not as bad as I thought it would be on two 5+ hour flights with a two year old.


Waiting for our flight to Reagan International Airport
Em was exhausted when we finally arrived and quickly fell asleep snuggling Grammy.
I don't know who looks more content in the photo.
We didn't do much while we were there except sit around chatting, eating, and catching up. I have decided that's what one needs to do on vacation. . . NOTHING. I'm not used to doing nothing, so experiencing the pure void of responsibilities was really hard to do but very much welcomed and appreciated.


Oakley the wonder dog. He is the best dog on the planet.
The Ramey/Anderson/Schroeder ladies.
Pam (Tooey) and Em in her new tutu and heels. Em put on her outfit and proclaimed "I'm a lady!"
Chad was dead set on getting Em to say "Virginia is for Lovers!" For the most part he got a blunt stare and a closed mouth.
Em showing off her new tutu on mom's birthday.
Her ballerina pose!
I brought a giant suitcase of toys, books, and art supplies to keep Em busy while we were hanging out. Did Em want anything to do with these items? Heavens no. Em was content to play with Pam's stash of reading glasses, a bucket of rocks, and two wooden wine racks.

We had a great time and I am happy that we were able to get away for a bit. My battery has been recharged and I'm ready to hit the ground running.

No comments:

Post a Comment