Sunday, June 27, 2010

Busy lives!

Summer is already here and I have no clue where spring went. Luckily the weather in Seattle (60's-70's) gives me illusion that it's still April so I really haven't realized that time is passing before my eyes.

The other day I was working with a customer and I hear a "SSHHHLLLP AH!" which got me wondering. This was followed by a period of quiet so I continued with the customer. Then another "SHHHHLLLPP AHHH," and I ask the customer to hold on to see what was going on. Em was chugging my Americano and happily handed me my empty cup and said, "Emmy Caakkkee"
This picture was taken about 20 minutes post coffee I think the expression just about sums it up.

To make up for all of the time I've been spending at the store lately I took the day off. Today was my first full day off in a long time so we spent the day as a family. We kept it low key by doing chores, gardening, grocery shopping and fit in a quick trip to Alki beach. The weather was perfect so we came home from our adventure and cooked out on the grill.

What a perfect day!

Here's Em in her supervisor's chair.

Hey lady, put down the camera. . it's time to flip the steak!

Side note. . .Chickens:
As if three dogs, a store, and a child weren't enough. . .we got chickens. Brian built a temporary house for them which he refers to as the "chicken tractor" and they are currently residing in the middle of my lawn. Hopefully their forever home will be done soon!!

They move so much that it was hard to get pictures of them.

Below is a close up of "Little Guy"
(from left to right in the back, Chipmunk 1, Big Bird, Penny, and Henny . . Chipmunk 2 was hiding"

I had no idea how complex chicken society was and that the term "pecking order" originates from chickens. Well it's true. This is Henny the matriarch of our little flock. Doesn't she have the "don't mess with me look"?

No comments:

Post a Comment