Friday, August 12, 2011

Time Flies

Where have I been?

Now that's a good question.

I've been here. I've been there. I've just not been a part of the blogosphere. We went out of town, my wireless connection at home went caput, work has been taxing, and I've been swamped with sewing projects. I've found I've got a lot to say but not a lot of time to say it.

So I'm starting again. I'm going to try to take it one week at a time, and give myself 30 minutes to post something mind blowing. . . okay, maybe I should aspire just to post. Little steps.


What's new:

Brian moved back home after an 8 month "break". I am very excited our family is together again. During our sabbatical I learned that being a single parent is hard but not impossible. I learned that being a single parent is empowering but not as fulfilling as sharing that experience with the one you love. I learned that family is worth fighting for even if it is hard work. Marriage ain't easy. . . but what in life is. .. . .

Em and I travelled to Virginia again and finally thawed out from this cold Seattle winter. .oh wait, summer.

Em started Spanish immersion preschool. At first she wasn't a fan but she now seems to enjoy it. I love to sit and listen to her Span-Em-Lish ramblings at the end of the night. I think I need to hire an interpreter.

Em is a true blessing. She is at that perfect age. She is so much fun to be around and we have a fabulous time together. The best thing about this stage is the ability to have a conversation with her. She's inquisitive, engaging, and she even pretends to listen to me while I'm talking.

We got a new bunch of chickens. Brian is building a coop at the store and we're going to have two separate flocks.

Summer is almost over and I don't even feel like it's begun.





Now for the main attraction:




Little Miss Personality.




Since summer has been so bad, Em's taken to swimming in the bathtub!


2 comments:

  1. Yay for updates! And yay for the two of you getting back together. I hope each day is better than the last for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this this weekend made my entire day!!

    I need way more Lori and Emma in my life and this is a great start :o)

    ReplyDelete