Monday, August 15, 2011

She's so big. . .or so she'll tell you.



Emma has entered the stage where all she can talk about is growing up.

"I'll eat this and grow bigger and bigger and stronger!"
"I need to eat and sleep so I can be big and strong like you, mama!"

I get a lot of "when I'm older I will do X" or "when I'm older I will do Y"

Though its very endearing its also very sad. My baby is no longer a baby. She's a walking, talking, questioning, opinionated machine that is racing her way through toddler hood.

Instead of fighting it, we've embraced this new stage, and have upgraded Em to many "big girl" items.

Out with the crib, in with the twin bed.
Out with the highchair, in with the bar stool.
Out with the Ergo, in with the stroller.
Gone but not forgotten are the changing table, anything 2T and smaller, and her booster seat.

I'm very thankful that the one thing she hasn't given up is cuddling. I know that one day that too will be gone, so I'm trying to get as much toddler loving as possible.

Em in her new bed. Night #1.

I asked her if she liked her new bed and I got this face!


Mazie is pretty partial to Em's new bed too. When she's pacing and whining at 2 am I tell her to go sleep with Emma and off she trots! Sound asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment