Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The case of the missing remote

Last night I got ready for bed, crawled under the covers, and reached for the remote. To my surprise the remote was not in its place. It was gone!! I spent over an hour searching in drawers, under furniture, on top of furniture, and in the deep dark cracks of every inch of my house. To no avail .. no remote. This wouldn't have been a problem, except Comcast keeps themselves in business selling replacement remotes. . .because you can't change the channel without one. A crock if you ask me.

This morning when Em woke up I asked, "Em did you take mama's remote from the bedroom?"

No answer.

While we were eating breakfast I enquired, "Hey Em, did you hide mama's black remote?"

No answer.

As I got her dressed I said, "Em where did you put the black remote that was in the bedroom?"

Again, no answer.

I started brushing her hair and informed her, "Mama spent an hour looking for her remote last night, did you put it somewhere?"

No answer.

I believe she was avoiding me. . . . .



While brushing her hair she got mad at me and started squirming and crying. I told her to be patient and informed her that I was getting quite frustrated. As I put her down she looked at me with her big blue eyes and says, ""Mama no frustrated! Follow me!"

With that, she turned around and trotted into my bedroom. She walked directly to the tv stand, pushed the vcr flap (we have a combo vcr and dvd player) and yells, "Silly Remote. Its Hiding!!"

Okay, she was right, how can you stay mad with something as asinine as that. I knew I smelled a rat! A little rat named Emma!



the look of an angel. . . see the halo?

1 comment:

  1. Oh she is clever! You are SO in trouble when that little girl hits high school.

    ReplyDelete