Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dogs

My biggest fear was having a child that didn't like animals. Luckily I was blessed with Em, who absolutely adores every animal she's ever met. I'm sure being raised in a house full of pets and in pet supply store has helped but she certainly has a gift with them. My feral child has become quite an animal whisperer.

Em loves our dogs. Our dogs love Em. She helps feed them (she yells, "that's my job" if I try to feed them without her), she plays with them by giving them toys, and she's always up for a puppy snuggle. Every morning she crawls into my bed to have some quality time with Mazie. Last week she informed me, "Mamma, Truman is your favorite greyhound. That's okay, cause Mazie is my favorite." Um, okay.

Today we had the following conversation.

"Mamma, Truman is sweet. He's a greyhound."
"Mazie is a sweet. She is a greyhound."
"Tucker. Um. Tucker."
Pause
Silence
Pause
"Tucker is old. He is JUST a dog"
I couldn't help but fall out of my chair laughing.
I love that child!!

No comments:

Post a Comment