Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Busy Bee

My life has taken quite a turn and my days fly by at the speed of light. Thanks to miss Em, there's always something going on. I definitely believe the most prominent characteristic that she inherited from me is her inability to sit still. She's either racing across the floor, cruising the furniture, or getting her little mitts into something. The only time she slows down is when she's sleeping.



Because she's in constant motion, my morning shower has become an adventure. Yesterday during my 5 minute shower she managed to open the bathroom cabinet, pull/knock/shake coffee cup off of the toilet leading to a coffee flood, and by the time I jumped out was motoring around the bathroom wearing my bra (she had each leg through a strap and was scooting about). As if that wasn't enough. . . during today's shower she managed to unroll the entire roll of toilet paper and then proceeded to toss everything she could get her hands on into the shower with me. . . .brush . . . rubber ducky. . .wash cloth. . . baby shoe. . . and I managed to stop her as she was trying to lift Brian's running shoe over the bathtub rim. All I can say is WOW!


I think she problem solves more efficiently sideways.



Combing Truman for fleas. Tru looks so excited, doesn't he?




The other big thing to happen this week is her obvious development of language. Not only is she trying to tell me what she wants but now she's starting to follow direct commands, understands when she's doing something she's not supposed to (she usually looks over her shoulder to check to see if I'm watching), will retrieve specific items that you call for, and the most endearing. . she is super eager to show customers the two kitties up for adoption.
Ask her where are the kitties and she speeds over to their cage.

Every afternoon she plays peek-a-boo with the girl kitty.



All in all, everything is great! The only thing can complain about is that Em has developed a dairy allergy. She breaks out in a rash, gets an upset stomach, and her poor little mouth swells up. Today I shared a few bites of my lunch with her and within minutes, without reading the label, I realized there was dairy in it. . . Look at her little swollen lips. I felt so bad. She didn't seem too put out though. . . . . . her spirits never faltered.



Feeling bad but still posing for the camera!





No comments:

Post a Comment