Saturday, August 22, 2009

Buh!

Today Emma and I went to the fish store to buy fish for our empty tank. Emma had never been to the fish store and I wanted her help pick out the fish. . . so we strolled through the aisles browsing the tanks. I described the different fish as we passed the tanks, and she seemed relatively amused.

We walked past a tank of blue diamond discus and Emma pointed to the tank and yelled, "BUH!"

I went back to the tank and laughed as she pointed again and yelled, "BUH!"

After stopping for a few minutes so she could watch the discus we continued through the tanks trying to see if any other fish could get a rise out of her. . . . and NOTHING.

We returned to the tank of high priced discus and again she became extremely animated and pointed to the tank. "Buh, Buh, Buh!" She gazed lovingly at the beautiful fish. After seeing how much the discus cost, I tried to divert her attention by taking her to a tank of bright orange and blue cichlids. She wanted nothing to do with the cichlids. She wiggled and squirmed wanting to get back to the discus tank.

I walked her back to the overpriced fish tank and again she pointed and demanded, "BUH!"

I caved.

Welcome BUH, the newest addition to the Anderson-Schroeder menagerie.




No comments:

Post a Comment