Saturday, August 1, 2009

8 months!

Holy cow. . where has time gone? Emma entered this world 8 months ago. . and it only seems like yesterday that she joined our family.


8 things about Emma


1. She still has 0 teeth.. . . even though I swear she's been teething since she was 3 months old. If anyone has any tricks to help the teeth actually make their big debute. . .I'm all ears.


2. Emma loves food! She'll eat anything you put in front of her. . .well. . . everything except bananas. She detests them and has from day one. Anything banana flavored is a definite no-no. The only difference between now and then is that she's become an expert spitter . .. . if by accident you sneak a banana into her bite of food (wink wink), she will launch that piece of banana across the room at such a velocity that it sticks to the wall. Honestly, I think she was aiming for my head, but missed.


3. She is still not crawling. . .but gets around by what we call "motoring". See the previous blogs for video evidence motoring.


4. Emma loves to take a bath. I'm convinced she would spend hours in the bathtub playing if I let her.


5. Emma is starting to learn the names of things. If I ask her where Mazie is, she'll look over at Mazie. If I say airplane, she'll look up in the sky for an airplane. If I ask her if she wants yogurt, she squeals and starts bouncing in her highchair.


6. Her afternoon nap consists about an hour of her laying in her crib peacefully playing with her stuffed puppy and about 15 minutes of actual sleep.


7. She loves everyone and eagerly greets them with a smile and a wave.


8. Her favorite activity is standing up on the couch looking out the window. She's a Nosey Nelly and loves to see what's happening in the neighborhood.



Here are a few pictures from a trip to the park.

Hey look. . .what's that?


Did I hear that correctly?

Did you just say it's Dan the Lion?

A Lion??

You sat me down near a lion??

What kind of mother are you?

I'm scared!!


Fine, if you're not going to help me, I'm going to take matters into my own hands.

Take that Dan the Lion. . . I will pull all your hair out.
Bwaahahahahaa


Emma's first adventure in the swing! I couldn't tell if she loved it or hated it. . .


I guess this face answered my question.
Swinging too close to nap time doesn't make a happy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment