Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy 91st Thelma!

We spent the weekend in Rockford, IL celebrating Brian's Grandmother's 91st birthday. Emma got to go on her first plane ride and sat in first class. We make sure that girl travels in style, don't we? Actually we cashed in all of our frequent flyer miles to make sure her first trip went as easy as possible. She was reasonably good for a 3 month old with a horrendous cold. Both she and I got sick the day before we left and spent the first couple days with a cough and low grade fever. Just enough to make us miserable. Emma was a trooper and handled the situation much better than I did!

Thelma is still sharp as a tack, and I am amazed at how well she gets around. Had I met her on the street I would have thought she was in her 70's. I hope I age that well. We spent the weekend eating out and playing pass the baby. It was nice to not have to hold Em for a few hours at a time.

Emma with her great-gram, Thelma!


Emma asks, "Can you believe she's 91?? I can't!"
Having floor time with cousins Danny and Sarah
Showing Grandma Nancy the proper form for fitting your entire fist in your mouth
Hanging out with Aunt Robin learning to say, "Grandpa, Visa!"
Dancing with Nancy. ..
(It was hot as Haites in Denny's so we stripped Emma down to the bare essentials and she fell fast asleep)

It was gorgeous Sunday so Emma got to hang out in the dead grass.

1 comment: