Friday, March 20, 2009

Who's baby is this?


After our trip to Illinois and eating fried everything, I realized that I REALLY need to get back to working out and take advantage of the $2 an hour day care at the gym.
So Tuesday morning I packed Emma up and we went for a tour of the daycare at our gym. (Yes, the gym I haven't set foot in . .. in maybe 7 months. . oops.) The staff was really pleasant and helpful, and I went ahead and put Emma on the schedule for 4 days a week. I figure that if she's on the schedule I have to go. It gives me a little extra accountability and motivation.

All day Tuesday my mind was racing. I was consumed with mixed feelings about leaving her there. . .

Will she go into uncontrollable meltdown in my absence?
Will she cry the entire time because she doesn't know these people?
Will I be the mom they have to page over the intercom to come and get your kid because she's so badly behaved?


Well today is day three and apparently she hasn't shed a single tear.


What?? Are you kidding me? Not one little, "where is my mom" or "how could she leave me here?" tear! Nothing? Nada? Zip? Come on, she had to get a little upset, right???


Nope!

Apparently she sits in the lap of one of the workers, smiling, laughing, jabbering, and watching all of the older kids. For the third day in a row the only time she's cried is when I put her in her car seat to leave.

Harumph!! Thanks for worrying about me, kid!

And to top it off. . .every day when I go to pick her up I hear, "Emma is the happiest baby." Great. Happy baby, but doesn't have any allegance to her family. She's just like Truman. She'd get in the car and take off with anyone. Ha!



On another note, we pulled out a new Emma containing contraption, and she LOVES it!



You could see the wheels turning. . .
"so what do I do with this thing?"


"Hey, my feet touch the ground. . and I make myself bobble"


Enjoying a bounce with "Green man"

No comments:

Post a Comment