Friday, February 17, 2012

Little Cowgirl

One day about 8 months ago, Emma declared, "Mama, I want pink cowboy boots!!"

Huh? Pink Cowboy boots? What does she know about pink cowboy boots? I laughed it off and figured like everything else, this too will be a short lived request. Maybe she saw someone on the street with pink cowboy boots. . who knows. She'll forget about it and it will be business as usual.

Well. . to my dismay (or delight. . you interpret as necessary) the request for pink cowboy boots kept coming. At least 3 times a week Em would ask for her boots. I did a little web surfing and scoffed at the selection and prices of toddler sized pink cowboy boots. I hoped she would let this go.


Did she give it up?

Nope.


Several times a week Em would ask for her boots. About 2 weeks ago I decided to start the search again. Low and behold I found a pair of good looking boots in her size for 1/2 off (for the record, it still doesn't make them cheap). I added the boots to my shopping cart and clicked buy.


Call me a pushover. Call me a sucker. Call me the mama of a well dressed kid. It's your call!

A few days after the boots arrived I finally figured out where the idea for pink cowboy boots came from. Our neighbors planter! Of course she wanted pink cowboy boots, we walk by these everyday twice a day.

If I could edit the video I would show you Em's reaction to her boots.

Did she squeal with delight?

Did she run and give me a hug and thank you?

Did she pass out from surprise?

Um, no. She looked up and said, "Where's my cowboy hat?"
Little ingrate.. . ha ha ha.

What did we do. . .say stuff it? Nope!

Brian went online and bought the matching hat. The set is now complete and she's ready to go for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment