Thursday, January 26, 2012

Adventures in Food

We've been lucky. Em is an eating machine. She will eat just about anything. When I hear my friend's adventures in picky toddlers, I sit quiet and am unable to offer any advise because my kid loves food.

Her favorites include: kale, spinach, capers, blue cheese (the stinkier the better), swiss chard, mushrooms, kalamata olives, balsamic vinegar, steak, salami, and collard greens.

Her least favorites include: eggs. She absolutely despises them. She still won't eat them in any form; scrambled, fried, poached. . . nada.

I'm pretty sure she gets her broad pallet from Brian. I'm not a very adventurous eater by any means and my list of dislikes is definitely a long one. Brian on the other hand claims he'll eat anything as long as it's not poisonous. Em definitely takes after him in this category.

On Sunday we went to the Aquarium and then had lunch at Anthony's. Brian ordered a mussel and clam dish and Em wanted a bite. Well, you know how this story goes. Em ate 1/2 of Brian's bivalves and then insisted we order her a dish of her own. Apparently bivalves need to get added to the love list. . . . who would have thought?

1 comment: