Tuesday, December 15, 2009

And so it begins


Emma thinks walking is over rated and instead of learning to toddle she has been hard at work building her vocabulary. Its amazing how many words she can identify and I'm even more stunned by how many she says. . . it feels like she has a new word or sound almost everyday.

One of her favorite activities is identifying my facial structures. I honestly think she could spend hours poking me in the eye yelling, "AAAYYYYEEE" or jabbing her dirty fingers into my mouth stating, "Moww". Both are usually followed by a cheesy little giggle which I find extremely endearing. Without the giggle. . . . I don't think I'd put up with it as long as I do, ha!

Of all of her words and sounds my two favorites are her animal impressions. Apparently a cow goes, "Muhhh" and a monkey goes "Ehh Ehh Ehh" complete with bobbing head.

Today she surprised me by moving beyond just words and into communication.

I was sitting at the counter while Emma was "napping" (she was actually talking to herself instead of sleeping) and all of a sudden I hear her yell "Da Di Da Di Da Di." I go back to her crib and tell her it's time to nap and she says, "Da Di." I then asked, "Do you need a new Diaper?" She says, "Yeah" followed with a big fat grin. I changed her and she was right. . .she was in the need of a new diaper.

I wonder what's next??





No comments:

Post a Comment